Monday, March 2, 2009

greetings my narcissistic friends...

Well I have finally broke down and joined your blogging world. Yes i actually believe that others might want to know what I am thinking and why. And somewhere deep down I actually believe I can fulfill your needs to be enlightened or at least entertained... Sad I know, but I am trying out this honesty thing so please be patient with me. 
And while I do not like to promise anything, I will do my best to fulfill my blogging duties, I just wished I knew what they were.
As for myself... I am mid thirties and married to a lovely 1/2 Irish 1/2 french spit fire from the great northwest. She keeps me honest and my life exciting. We have two offspring, a 8yr. old boy who is, well he is all we can handle but would not want him any other way. And we have a 10yr. old daddies girl who is sweet and loving and we are fighting to keep her that way.
Now as for the name of the blog "a guide to grace and glenfiddich" I don't know why except it was nearly 2:30 in the morning (i suffer with insomnia from time to time) and it seemed clever... of course lots of ideas seem clever at 2:30am. Now having said that, grace and glenfiddich are two of the great pleasures I find myself most enjoying these days. I also feel as though all of life's circumstances, situations and moments we might find ourselves in can be covered by either grace or glenfiddich, or on certain occasions both! 
So here I go, and honestly (told you I am trying honesty out) with little to no excitement, because, well because I know myself. And while I would love to write every day, I am sure I will get one or two or maybe even a third entry and then I will vanish from this blogging world.
Now with all that said I raise a neat glass of 18 year old glenfiddich held high in hand and say to you... 
          

2 comments:

  1. OK, so I'll be your first commenter and since we are being honest here... I will admit that I have no clue what the heck glenfiddich is other than I can gather it is a drink that is best consumed when it is of legal age?

    And I am having such a great time getting to know that spit-fire wife of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited to hear your heart Joel... and more about glenfiddich.

    ReplyDelete